Four years ago, Doug Ford canceled the Ontario Basic Income Pilot despite repeatedly promising not to. Thousands of Ontarians who were receiving Basic Income had their lives turned upside down and the data that would have informed how to bring Basic Income to all Ontarians was lost.
During Ontario's upcoming June election, we need to put Basic Income front and center again.
The Basic Income Now campaign is organizing a Zoom Meet-up across Ontario to dive into actions we can take this election to push Basic Income in our ridings:
Tuesday April 26, 2022
7 to 8 PM
At this meet-up you will learn about things you can do to help push Basic Income:
- Get your riding candidates to sign the Candidates Pledge for Basic Income Now and commit to working towards a Basic Income if elected.
- How to get Basic Income Now lawn signs in your riding.
- Visit the Basic Income Now Store to buy merch and show your support publicly.
- Register for the Basic Income March Toronto taking place on Saturday May 14, just ahead of the election.
- Attend local riding events like All-Candidates meetings and Debates with Basic Income signs.
Space is limited so register now.
If you cannot make it to this event but want to get involved, please reply to this email, or even better, fill out this quick survey and share this with your local networks!
Hope to see you there!
Basic Income Now
Visit this link to take Basic Income Now actions during the Ontario election: buy merch, register for the Basic Income March Toronto on May 14, get a Basic Income Now sign, and push your candidates to sign the Candidates Pledge for Basic Income!